Goodbye January. I am absolutely ready to welcome in February and see what prediction the local groundhog makes for the rest of winter. I am hoping to hear ‘an early spring’ prediction, even with the mild winter we’ve had so far. Spring means I can get started on my outside projects.
Here’s my spending for last month.
Ugh. I hate those red boxes. My biggest budget upsets were:
- My cat. She had to get her rabies booster and check up. Unfortunately only the large animal vet was in and his billing rate is more than the small animal vet. Then of course, two days after that vet visit, the cat hurled up a roundworm. Thankfully, I have a vet tech for a sister, so she was able to score some dewormer at cost for me. It still all added up to more than I initially thought it would this month.
- Hydro. I used more electricity in December (on account of being home during the day more) and then there’s that delivery charge….consarnit all…
- Shopping and Home Decor: I did a bit of shopping, picking up house stuff. It’s a bunch of little items that seemed to add up, like a new light cover for the fan and door knobs. I also bought paint and art supplies for some DIY projects I have in the works. I should have all that type of spending out of my system for February.
Here’s what my February budget looks like:
It’s going to be an expensive month – 3 mortgage payments and property taxes. Technically the taxes aren’t due until March 1, but I’ve stuck them in this budget because I’m going to pay them this month (today, actually). Also, I’ve got to take my car in for servicing. I think they are some rocks jammed in under the motor mounts from when they resurfaced the road I live on. It makes the car vibrate when you’ve got the brake pressed in the reverse gear. It’s kinda weird, and really annoying, so I’m hoping to get that sorted out this month. I’ve also upped my budget amount for hydro (grr), so I’m hoping I’ll do a better job of guestimating my bill.
- Get all the measurements for the basement/kitchen/stairs reno and start a couple design options.
- Get all the canvas off the inside/outside of my trunk
- Complete the February photo challenge
- Make a spring cleaning list for the inside and the outside of my place
- Don’t buy: clothes, home decor stuff, or any extras (one exclusion: foundation, because I’m going to run out)
- Calculate my net worth.
Wish me luck! How was January for you? What are your plans for February?