Country Girl = Creme Egg Girl

I am pretty sure that I am 97.8% Cadbury Creme Egg right now. The remaining 2.2% is tea (green tea is a delightful compliment to creme eggs).

I think I should be a Creme Egg Farmer.

My Easter long weekend was busy, but fun. Thankfully, the Easter bunny (in conjunction with picky little cousins) left me a hefty supply of chocolate, which I’ll need to get through this week. Work is incredibly busy right now, with seemingly meeting after meeting. Tomorrow I’m looking at a 15 hour day, which unfortunately doesn’t leave me alot of time to get much else done, let alone write something cohesive for the ole blog. In an effort to at least get something posted this week, I’m going to do a quicky summary of some thoughts and happenings of late.

  • Jeremy over at Modest Money listed the Top Canadian Personal Finance Blogs. We Canadians love to talk about money apparently! I feel pretty special being included and thanks to those who voted for me! I think you still may be able to vote, if you care to do so. Otherwise, there’s lots of great blogs there to add to your blog roll or reading list.
  • A little while ago I posted about logging the bush lot on the farm. The loggers came Thursday and finished up today. Two hundred trees are gone, but the bush doesn’t look as thin as I thought it would. Unfortunately, there was an incident over the weekend when some boys (I shouldn’t say boys, they’re old enough to know better) got into the big skidsteer overnight and literally buried it mud. It took a high-hoe to dig it out. It was big news around here (you know you’re from the country when), I lost count of how many people were asking me about it. I don’t really care that they took the skidsteer for a joyride, I just hated the sight of the 9 foot deep ruts they put in the bush. At least the guy running the high-hoe was good enough to smooth out the ruts after he dug the skidsteer out.
  • It’s snowing. I am not impressed, but I’m glad I was too lazy this weekend to take my snow tires off.
  • Had the big family Easter dinner on Saturday. Getting together with all my aunts, uncles and cousins is always a blast. I think my favourite part of the day (aside from eating my weight in fruit salsa) was playing hide and seek with my littlest cousin. Every time he found me, he let out a big ole scream and then laughed.

How was your long weekend? What’s your favourite Easter treat?

Advertisements
Categories: Weekend | Tags: , | 10 Comments

Post navigation

10 thoughts on “Country Girl = Creme Egg Girl

  1. Creme eggs are absolutely amazing. I bought one of those tubes full of the mini creme eggs (I didn’t know there was such a thing, but there is!) and ate a ridiculous amount of them.

  2. I know what you mean about being busy! It seems like I never stop lately. Thanks for taking the time to do a quick post.

  3. Creme eggs are the best thing that has ever happened to me, which is sad. I love them. Every other year I have stocked up, but I resisted this year.

  4. thisaggiesaves

    Cadbury Creme eggs are the devil! But sooo good!

  5. Cait

    Mini eggs are my all-time fave. I love/hate that they are available year-round now, lol.

  6. Thanks for mentioning the poll on my blog. Good luck with the votes. With all this talk of chocolates, I’m getting pretty jealous that I didn’t get easter chocolate this year.

  7. bluecollarworkman

    I tried to stock up on creme eggs last year, but guess what? After a couple months the creme inside gets hardified and no longer gooey delicious. So this year I’ve been enjoying them, because I know stocking up is pointless.

  8. Pingback: Blog Update for 4/20 2012 | Modest Money

  9. I just finished my last creme egg today. I love those so much. I like the chocolate ones in the shell too. Those are just as good.

    • I have a chocolate one left, I’ve been avoiding it because I wasn’t sure if it was going to be as good as the originals, but I may just have to try it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: